Craving pancakes but looking for a healthy alternative? Or a pancake that won’t leave you starving an hour later? Try these Cottage Cheese Pancakes! I usually make a big batch, freeze them, and warm them in the microwave for a quick and easy meal/snack. They are kind of sweet on their own, but you could always add syrup, honey, or a topping of your choice! Enjoy 🙂
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
(makes about 15-20 pancakes)
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup cottage cheese
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons honey or agave
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• butter, oil or oil spray
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat, lightly coat with oil or butter and pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the griddle for each pancake.
5. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are set and golden. Serve with pure maple syrup, honey or preserves.
*To Freeze: Let pancakes come to room temperature, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3 months.
For more recipe options, click here.