Looking for an alternative to French Fries? Last night we tried these Carrot Fries!
I was eXciTeD to find that I actually LOVED how they tasted! There are healthier versions out there, which don’t include sugar, but I’m all about having P E A C E and the thought of switching from regular french fries to this recipe was more likely to result in success. And it did–I really like them!
- 1 1⁄2lbs carrots (I used a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots and cut them in half)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped (I used dry parsley flakes instead)
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a shallow pan with foil.
- Using a sharp knife, slice away the tip and end of each carrot; peel each completely.
- Cut carrots in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise, then cut lengthwise again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the carrot sticks, olive oil, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until all are evenly coated.
- Place carrots in pan, spreading sticks out as much as possible. Bake for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
What healthy alternatives have you had good luck with? I’d love to try it!!